Wenlin 4.0 Defects
- (September 20, 2012) The stroke orders for several characters, including 乘 (chéng), 奘 (zhuǎng), and 毋 (wú), were nonstandard. This was fixed in Wenlin 4.1.
- (June 20, 2012) If you use the mouth tool to click on a character with multiple pronunciations (or drag across a string of, the second one overlaps (or follows too closely after) the first, etc. This was fixed in Wenlin 4.1.
- (June 20, 2012) While doing "Stroke All", Wenlin 4.0 uses up to 100% CPU cycles. On MS-Windows, it sometimes results in "Application Not Responding" showing in the stroking box window title, especially if other CPU-intensive programs are running. This was fixed in Wenlin 4.1.
- (April 26, 2011) On MS-Windows, when a window is minimized, the operating system may waste time repeatedly telling Wenlin to redraw the minimized window. This was fixed in Wenlin 4.1.
- (April 26, 2011) The buttons in Shuowen entries labeled 列出邻近《說文》字條 produce lists that may be incomplete, skipping some entries. This was fixed in Wenlin 4.1.
- (April 1, 2011) On MS-Windows, a superfluous warning “Unrecognized option 'g'” is displayed near the bottom of each Zìdiǎn entry, and the stroke and web links buttons are duplicated. This bug was introduced in version 4.0.1; it was fixed in Wenlin 4.0.2.
- (March 30, 2011) When printing, if the Print with color checkbox has been checked in the Page Setup dialog, font color end tags may be ignored (the color change begins but never ends). This bug is in versions 4.0 and 4.0.1; it was fixed in Wenlin 4.0.2.
- (March 25, 2011) On MS-Windows, minimizing a window (to an icon on the taskbar) may cause the Instant Look-up area to shrink to one row when the window is displayed again. This bug is in versions 4.0 and 4.0.1; it was fixed in Wenlin 4.0.2.
- (February 15, 2011) In the Zìdiǎn entry for 甲, the example 指甲 zhījia should be zhǐjia (third tone, not first tone, for 指).
- (February 7, 2011) The Simple Form Characters transformation under Make Transformed Copy in the Edit menu produces wrong results; for example, the character 了 is wrongly transformed into 解. This was fixed in Wenlin 4.0.1.
- (February 1, 2011) If you choose Colors... from the Options menu and un-check the 3D Shading checkbox, the close [x], maximize [+] and Lí [☲] buttons in title bars do not work. This was fixed in Wenlin 4.0.1.
- (February 1, 2011) The Zìdiǎn entry for U+2FB5 ⾵ (not the same as U+98A8 風) ought to say "Kangxi Radical 182" instead of "Kangxi Radical 166". The entry for U+2F61 ⽡ (not the same as U+74E6 瓦) ought to say "Kangxi Radical 98 (counted as 5 strokes)" instead of "Kangxi Radical 9 (counted as 5 strokes)". This was fixed in Wenlin 4.0.1.
See also defects in Wenlin 3.x. (The listed defects in Wenlin 3.x have all been fixed in Wenlin 4.0.)
Copyright © 2012 Wenlin Institute, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
文林 Wenlin home page